The North Omaha Legacy Tour highlights the beauty and history of North Omaha.
From North 24th ST to the 30th ST corridor, and the Malcolm X Foundation, celebrate the past and embrace the future with us on this wonderful, entertaining tour of North Omaha.
North 24th St., known as "The Street of Dreams" and affectionately named "The Deuce.", has hosted some of the greats in American Jazz history and is still a home for the arts. Our expert host is eager to share the stories of the rich legacy of this area and the African-American community, including the stories of Malcolm Little, later known as Malcolm X. Hear authentic local stories about why North Omaha is a beacon of the past and important for the future.
- Legacy Tour: 24th & 30th ST Corridors
- Legacy Tour with Meal & Stop Options
- Custom & Group Tours
Sample Tour Itinerary
- 11:30am Gathering
- 12:00pm Lunch begins (OPTIONAL)
- 12:30pm Depart for Tour
- 1:00 pm 24th ST Corridor complete
- 1:30 pm 30th ST Corridor complete
- Great Plains Black History Museum & Dreamland Ballroom
- North End Teleservices LLC
- Fair Deal Market
- The Omaha Star
- The Union for Contemporary Art
- Revive! Omaha
- Broomfield Rowhouse
- Terence "Bud" Crawford Gym & TBC Shop
- SPARK / Black Votes Matter Institute
- Carnation Ballroom
- CULXR House
- The Highlander & Big Mama's restaurant
- Salem Baptist Church
- Urban League of Nebraska
- Malcolm X Memorial Foundation
- Historical Black Churches
Yes, I heard good things from both DCHD folks and several community partners.Here are a couple of the comments that made it to me:
- I learned so, so much and really loved the strength-based approach that Preston took to tell the North Omaha story, so much resilience and pride.
- This was a phenomenal tour. I so appreciate you including me. Preston is unspeakably generous with his time, energy & stories. I so hope to continue the conversation.
Thank you for creating this enriching experience for our church group.
Special thanks for your rich, educational, informative tour of our community, and your enthusiastic presentation style. It is evident the deep affection you hold for North O - your home.
Sign Up for Tour Dates
4Urban.org works to increase the quality of life for urban communities across four pillars: community engagement, economic growth, leadership growth, and Get Out the Vote nonpartisan initiatives. With an identified need to increase cultural & historical understanding of North Omaha while increasing tourism and economic growth for North Omaha, 4Urban conducts a first-class, professional tour for the benefit of visitors, small businesses, and the Omaha Metro.
Tour Leader: Preston Love, Jr.
- Founder/Director, Institute for Urban Development & Black Votes Matter Institute of Community Engagement
- Adjunct Professor, Black Studies, University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Regionally & nationally recognized author & lecturer